The Cork County PPN Secretariat provides a coordinating and oversight function for the PPN.
In particular its role is to:
- Facilitate the implementation of decisions of the PPN
- Ensure the proper functioning of the PPN between plenary meetings
- Coordinate the activities of the PPN
- Communicate extensively and regularly with all PPN members and disseminate information concerning all PPN activities as widely as possible
- Manage and support PPN staff
The Secretariat is made up of two representatives from each of the Cork County Municipal Districts i.e. Carrigaline, Macroom, Cobh, East Cork, Bandon-Kinsale, Fermoy, Kanturk-Mallow and West Cork, as well as, two representatives from each of the PPN colleges i.e. Community & Voluntary College, Social Inclusion College and Environmental College.