Cork County Council is from tomorrow, 3rd February inviting applications from Community and Voluntary groups under the Community Support Fund 2023 and the Women’s Shed Group Fund. The scheme is funded by the Department of Rural & Community Development with support from the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) of Cork County Council.
The scheme is an opportunity for community groups to access funding for both operational and capital projects, particularly in disadvantaged areas. Closing date for applications is 3.00pm on Monday, 13th March, 2023.
The €362,678 allocation for Cork County:
- €177,712 Current funding (Non-Pay) for use towards running/operating costs, eg. Utility costs, insurance, etc.
(Costs related to the period from 1st April 2022 – 31st March 2023 only eligible under this category)
- €181,339 Capital funding for use towards carrying out necessary repairs and improvements to facilities, purchase of equipment etc.
(For drawdown Costs must cover period from LCDC grant approval date to 31st August 2023)
- €3,627 Women’s Shed Fund Current Funding (Non-Pay) for use towards running/operating costs, eg. Utility, insurance costs etc.
Costs related to the period from 1st April 2022 – 31st March 2023 only eligible under this category)
There are three types of grants available under this Programme:
- Small scale capital grant up to a maximum of €1,000 or less
- Capital grant in excess of €1,000
- Grants associated with running/operating costs